We are sorry to see you are having problems with connecting your printer. A multitude of problems are solved by resetting your printer. Please follow the steps below to do so.
Covering the basics
- Please make sure you have installed the latest firmware on your Ultimaker printer.
- If you haven't already done so, make sure to check that the required ports and domains are reachable from your printer network
- If you are still experiencing issues, continue with the trouble shooting guide
Trouble shooting guide
- Remove the printer from the Digital Factory account (this can only be done by the person who added it to the account)
- Perform a "Digital Factory reset" on the printer (skip this step for the UM 2+ Connect).
Go to you printer ⚙︎ Settings menu and scroll down to press on Reset Digital Factory
- Perform a full factory reset on the printer
S5 / S3 / UM3: Go to you printer ⚙︎ Settings menu and scroll down to press on Reset all printer settings
UM2+ Connect: Go to you printer Settings menu and scroll down to press on Firmware reset
- Set up network connection of the printer. We advise using a local network connection (UTP cable) to rule out any issues with Wi-Fi
- Follow the "Connect to Digital Factory" workflow to get the printer connected again.
Getting message 'Could not find a printer using that pin'
The connection pin created by the printer is valid for 10 minutes upon creation. If you have tried to connect a printer to the Digital Factory with a pin that has been displayed for more than 10 minutes, you will encounter the above message.
Please try connecting again, and input the connection pin within 10 minutes of its generation.
- Where to download Ultimaker Cura and Ultimaker firmware
- How to connect your printer to the network
- FAQ: Network and security protocols utilized by Ultimaker printers and Digital Factory
Still having issues with connecting your printer? Contact support