We are sorry to see you are having problems with connecting your printer. A multitude of problems are solved by resetting your printer. Please follow the steps below to do so.
Covering the basics
- Please make sure you have installed the latest firmware on your Ultimaker printer.
- If you haven't already done so, make sure to check that the required ports and domains are reachable from your printer network
- If you are still experiencing issues, continue with the trouble shooting guide.
Trouble shooting guide
- Remove the printer from the Digital Factory account (this can only be done by the person who added it to the account)
- Perform a "Digital Factory reset" on the printer (skip this step for the UM 2+ Connect).
Go to you printer ⚙︎ Settings menu and scroll down to press on Reset Digital Factory
- Perform a full factory reset on the printer
S5 / S3 / UM3: Go to you printer ⚙︎ Settings menu and scroll down to press on Reset all printer settings
UM2+ Connect: Go to you printer Settings menu and scroll down to press on Firmware reset
- Set up network connection of the printer. We advise using a local network connection (UTP cable) to rule out any issues with Wi-Fi
- Follow the "Connect to Digital Factory" workflow to get the printer connected again.
- Where to download Ultimaker Cura and Ultimaker firmware
- How to connect your printer to the network
- FAQ: Network and security protocols utilized by Ultimaker printers and Digital Factory
Still having issues with connecting your printer? Contact support