Admins of organizations can secure the settings menu of S-line printers with a PIN code lock. The printers must be running firmware 6.2 or higher. This PIN code lock will prevent unwanted changes to the device by unauthorized users.
Enabling the PIN code
The PIN code can be enabled from the Digital Factory. This means your printer should be connected to the Digital Factory. Follow these steps to enable it:
- Go to digitalfactory.ultimaker.com to view all printers within your organization
- Select the printer you would like to protect.
- Select "Set Access PIN" from the context menu.
- Input the PIN code and confirm it.
- Your printer settings are now PIN code secured!
- The printer should now display a lock icon on top of the settings icon on its display.
If a users attempts to access the settings screen of the printer, they will now be required to enter the PIN code you selected.
Removing the PIN code
You can easily remove the PIN code through the Digital Factory.
- Go to digitalfactory.ultimaker.com.
- Select the printer to remove the PIN code from.
- Select "Remove access PIN" from the context menu.
- The PIN code is now removed from the printer.
- Anyone can now access the settings menu without the PIN code.
Forgot the PIN code
If you need to set a new PIN code, simply remove the PIN code in Digital Factory and then set a new code.