This page contains all the release notes for firmware updates for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect.
Release date: June 28, 2022
Firmware 1.5.2 brings more process improvements for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect. Enables more compatibility with Ultimaker Tough PLAs and Fixes a major Factory Reset bug.
- Tough PLA. Added support for additional Ultimaker Tough PLA colors.
- New mainboard revision. Added support for new mainboard revision with ADC chip change.
- ER214. The ER214 error after a factory reset has been resolved.
- Buffering. Improved buffer handling for "slow" printing that resulted in blobs during print.
Release date: May 25, 2021
Firmware 1.5 brings process improvements for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect. Furthermore, it enables compatibility with Ultimaker PETG and allows the user to change material when a print job is paused.
- PETG support. Ultimaker PETG is now compatible with the Ultimaker 2+ Connect.
- Change material while print is paused. It is now possible to pause the print and change the material spool in the paused state.
- Added information to material profile import. More detailed information on importing material profiles. Messages now include the number of added, updated, and incompatible material profiles.
- Material position. Fixed an issue where the print job could start with the material in the wrong position, leading to a partial or missing first layer.
- Wi-Fi connection. Fixed a bug that led to print job not starting with Wi-Fi networks with poor reception.
- Digital Factory commands. Fixed a bug where commands from the Digital Factory were ignored, this could lead to prints not starting or the user having to issue a command two times.
- Various other bug fixes. Fixed a number of smaller bugs related to print performance.
Release date: March 22, 2021
Firmware 1.4 brings greater integration for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect with the Ultimaker Digital Factory.
- Printer status displayed on Digital Factory. The Digital Factory will correctly display the printer and print job status, such as printing, idle, paused, aborting, error, loaded material, nozzle size, print time, and print progress.
- Print job information displayed on Digital Factory. The Digital Factory will correctly display print job information.
- Update firmware via Digital Factory. The Digital Factory can now initiate a firmware update for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect.
- Digital Factory status on home screen. The home screen of the printer will display an icon to show if there is an active connection to the Digital Factory.
- Fixed bug with USB drives on Windows. USB drives used in the Ultimaker 2+ Connect would be incorrectly reported by Windows as having a fault. This is now fixed
- Ultimaker materials are top of material selection screen. As first implemented they were further down the list
- Display - Print preview screen. This screen now shows faster by calculating the preview image in the background
- Display - Firmware update notification could show '-' as a new version. This is fixed now
Various other bug fixes. Fixed a number of smaller performance-related bug fixes
Release date: February 16, 2021
This firmware brings improvements to the Digital Factory and material handling of the printer.
- Rename printer in Digital Factory. Users can now change the name of their Ultimaker 2+
Connect printer in the Digital Factory. This creates more clarity and is especially useful if
multiple printers are installed at one location.
- Digital Factory material overview. The material that is currently loaded on the Ultimaker
2+ Connect is now shown in the Digital Factory.
- Material support. There is now full support for the material ecosystem. Instead of only
generic material profiles, users will be able to select specific material brands and colors.
- Import material profiles. New materials can be installed via USB. The Ultimaker 2+
Connect will take the settings from the .ufp file on the USB device and install the material
profile on the printer. This is possible with profiles that have been updated to be
compatible with the Ultimaker 2+ Connect.
- G-code support. It is now possible to print .gcode files with the Ultimaker 2+ Connect.
Before, the file compatibility was limited to .ufp files only.
- Printing screens. During printing, the Abort and Pause functions were visible on the
second and third screens. They have now been removed and are only on the first screen
- Stuck in preparing. Under certain conditions, the Ultimaker 2+ Connect could
get stuck during Preparing and the Abort function would not work if this occurred.
This has now been fixed
- Stalling menu. Changing between menus too quickly could sometimes stall the printer
due to a rare timing issue. This has now been fixed
Release date: December 15, 2020
Firmware 1.2 includes notable improvements to the operating functions of the printer, such as nozzle size selection and the option to do a factory reset.
- Select nozzle size. The Ultimaker 2+ Connect nozzle size can now be set and changed in the maintenance menu.
- Warning if print job has different nozzle size. If a print job has been sliced for a nozzle size that is not currently configured in the printer, a warning will now be displayed.
- Added factory reset. The functionality to factory reset the printer has been added. This will restore all printer settings back to factory settings.
- Added button feedback. Have all interface buttons show feedback when they are pressed.
- Print from USB. The screen in which a print is selected for printing now automatically closes when the USB key is taken out of the printer.
- Added Skip cooldown. The Skip cooldown button has been added for the end of a print.
- Gray out the Print from USB button. The Select from USB button is now grayed out when there is no USB key inserted.
- Fixed object preview during printing. Object view during print now shows the full object instead of a cropped image.
Release date: November 24, 2020
Firmware 1.1 improves the initial functionality and fixes some bugs of the Ultimaker 2+ Connect.
- Firmware update prompt. After updating to firmware 1.1, users will be actively prompted to update the firmware when a new version becomes available if the printer is connected to the network.
- Abort procedure. The printer will now properly perform the finishing procedure when a paused print job is aborted. This also applies when aborting a print job during print preparation.
- Digital Factory. A bug was found which would occasionally cause the Digital Factory connection to break.
- Back button. The Back button in the navigation menu sometimes led to unexpected behavior. This has now been fixed.
Release date: November 10, 2020
Congratulations on the purchase of your Ultimaker 2+ Connect! Firmware 1.0.0 is the first public firmware for this printer. With it, you can look forward to a connected Ultimaker Digital Factory workflow that allows printing with multiple material types.
Upcoming firmware updates will focus on:
- Digital Factory. An important focus for the next firmware is bringing more functionality to the Digital Factory
- Gcode support. At launch, you must use the Ultimaker Cura .ufp file format to print on the Ultimaker 2+ Connect. These are the default print jobs as exported by Ultimaker Cura when slicing for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect. The Ultimaker 2+ Connect will not accept gcodes
- Third-party material support. Greater integration with the Ultimaker Marketplace, and third-party material support
- Language support. For now, the Ultimaker 2+ Connect firmware is only provided in English. Translations of the menu options will be included in the next firmware versions
- Nozzle size support. The Ultimaker 2+ Connect has swappable nozzles available in four sizes. Soon, you'll be able to select the nozzle size on the printer for better integration
Furthermore, general improvements and optimizations to processes, along with bug fixes will also be features of new firmware releases.
Note: This firmware has a known issue with the build plate temperature. It is not possible to print with a build plate temperature lower than 60 ºC. The print profile for TPU 95A, which normally does not require a heated build plate, has temporarily been updated.
Do you have a feature request for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect, or want to report a bug? Get in touch with support by submitting a ticket.