This page will gather all the release notes for firmware updates for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect.
November 10, 2020
Congratulations on your purchase of the Ultimaker 2+ Connect! Firmware 1.0.0 is the first public firmware for this printer. With it, you can look forward to a connected Ultimaker Digital Factory workflow which can print multiple material types.
Upcoming firmware updates will focus on:
- Digital Factory. An important focus for the next firmware is bringing more functionality to the Digital Factory
- Gcode support. At launch, you must use the Ultimaker Cura .ufp file format to print on the Ultimaker 2+ Connect. These are the default print jobs as exported by Ultimaker Cura when slicing for the Ultimaker 2+ Connect. The Ultimaker 2+ Connect will not accept gcodes
- Third-party material support. Greater integration with the Ultimaker Marketplace, and third-party material support
- Language support. For now, the Ultimaker 2+ Connect firmware is only provided in English. Translations of the menu options will be included in the next firmware versions
- Nozzle size support. The Ultimaker 2+ Connect has swappable nozzles available in four sizes. Soon, you'll be able to select the nozzle size on the printer for better integration
Furthermore, general improvements and optimizations to processes, along with bug fixes will also be features of new firmware releases.
Note: This firmware has a known issue with the build plate temperature. It is not possible to print with a build plate temperature lower than 60 ºC. The print profile for TPU 95A, which normally does not require a heated build plate, has temporarily been updated.
Have a feature request, or want to report a bug? Get in touch with support via the ticket forms above.