The Ultimaker 2+ Connect has a heater block with easily swappable nozzles. A 0.4 mm nozzle is already installed, and an extra 0.4 mm nozzle is included in the accessory box. Other compatible nozzle sizes include 0.25 mm, 0.6 mm, and 0.8 mm and can be purchased separately.
Install a different nozzle size for faster prints, or to achieve more detail. To change the nozzle, use the 7 mm wrench that is included in the accessory box.
Tip: Before removing the nozzle, perform a cold pull to remove material residue from the inside of the nozzle. This ensures that the nozzle is easier to remove, and it is clean and ready to use if you want to install this nozzle again later.
To change the nozzle, you can use the 7 mm wrench that is included in the accessory box. Because this procedure requires handling the nozzle while it is warm, protective (thermal) gloves are advised.
Tip: If you have an Ultimaker 2+ Connect Air Manager, remove the front enclosure until this procedure is finished.
- Remove the material from the print head. The filament only has to be partially unloaded, until it is visible above the print head. Use the Change material procedure or raise the nozzle temperature via the Maintenance menu and unload the filament manually.
- Place the print head in the middle of the gantry for easy access
- Set the nozzle temperature to 100ºC
- Use the 7 mm wrench to unscrew the nozzle from the heater block, in a clockwise direction
Caution: The nozzle is warm. Take proper measures to catch the nozzle when it is loosened from the heater block. Protective (thermal) gloves are advised.
- Select the desired nozzle and manually screw it into the heater block until it is hand-tight
Caution: Be careful, as the heater block is still warm. Protective (thermal) gloves are advised.
- Use the wrench to fully tighten the nozzle
If a different size nozzle was installed, ensure to select the corresponding nozzle size in Ultimaker Cura to prepare the next print job.