In certain cases, a complete reset of the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is necessary to resolve problems. For example, when the printer is failing to boot up correctly.
The Ultimaker 2+ Connect features a simplified firmware recovery procedure. You can utilize the reset button on the bottom of the printer to initiate this. You will need a USB device containing the recovery file in order to do this.
Prepare the USB
- Download this firmware recovery file
- Place the file in the root directory of a USB drive
Flash the Ultimaker 2+ Connect
- Switch off the printer and gently place it on its left side
- Insert the USB device containing the recovery file into the USB port at the front of the printer
- On the underside of the printer, there is a recovery button. Use a long wire or alternative tool to press the button
- With the recovery button pressed, turn on the printer
The printer should now boot up via a recovery, resetting the printer. If this procedure was successful, place the printer upright again.