When multiple models are placed on the build plate, you can define the sequence in which they should be printed. This option is only available on single extrusion machines. There are two options:
- All at once: All objects will be printed at the same time, which means that it will print one layer of each object before moving onto the next layer
- One at a time: Objects will be printed one by one. This mode can only be used if the models are smaller than the gantry height, which is the distance between the build plate and lowest print head shaft
The selected model will be printed in negative, with a wall surrounding it, so you can use the finished print as a mold for other materials. There are a few parameter options available:
- Minimal mold with: This specifies the minimum width of the mold
- Mold roof height: This specifies the height of the mold above the horizontal parts in your model
- Mold angle: This is the maximum angle the mold may make outside of the model. That way, there is no support needed on the outside of the mold.
This model is sliced normally and with the mold option enabled
In surface mode, the printer will only print the X-Y surface of the mesh (walls), instead of the solid model. Top and bottom, infill, and supports are not generated in this mode. This was previously called “Only follow mesh surface”. In addition to the “surface mode” and “normal”, a “both” mode has now been added. This ensures all closed volumes are printed as normal, and all loose geometry is printed as a single wall.
This mode prints a shell quickly and efficiently. It is often used to print quick rings and other single-shelled models
Spiralize outer contour
Typically, the Z-stage moves up by the layer height after printing a complete layer. Spiralize mode smooths out the Z move over the edge. This means that the Z-stage will gradually move down over the whole print, like a spiral. Solid objects are turned into single-walled prints with a solid bottom by using this option, which is perfect for printing items like vases, for example.