The Ultimaker S5, Ultimaker S3 and Ultimaker 3 can connect to a local area network using either Wi-Fi or Ethernet. You will prompted to connect to a network during the welcome setup of your printer. The network menu display on your printer shows the current network connection type and IP. You can view the network menu by navigating to:
- Preferences > Network - Ultimaker S5 / Ultimaker S3
- System > Network - Ultimaker 3
To connect your printer to a wireless network, you will need a computer or smartphone. Start the Wi-Fi setup and follow the steps on the touchscreen:
- Wait until your printer has created a Wi-Fi hotspot. This may take a minute
- Use a computer or smartphone to connect to the printer. The name of the Wi-Fi network is shown on the touchscreen of the Ultimaker S5
- A pop-up will appear on the display of your computer or smartphone. Follow the steps to connect the printer to your local Wi-Fi network. The pop-up will disappear when you have completed these steps
- Wait until the Wi-Fi setup is finished. Your printer will automatically retrieve an IP address
Tip: If the pop-up does not appear, open a browser and go to a website that is not yet known by your browser. Within some network environments the printer may experience difficulties connecting wirelessly. When this happens, repeat the Wi-Fi setup from another computer or smartphone.
Connect via Ethernet
You can set up a wired network connection after completing the welcome setup by performing the following steps:
- Connect one end of an Ethernet cable to the Ethernet port at the back of the printer
- Connect the other end of the cable to a network source (router, modem, or switch)
- Enable Ethernet in the network menu of your printers touchscreen
The printer will automatically receive an IP address from your local network.
Tip: If you are experiencing networking trouble, read our troubleshooting guide here.