To add a custom material, duplicate a material in which physical properties come closest to the new material. This way the printer knows at which temperatures to do filament changes and printer calibrations.
The material settings you have to provide is often easily accessible from the packaging of the filament or the website of the manufacturer.
- Display name. Choose an easily recognizable name that represents your custom material
- Brand. Enter the brand of the filament manufacturer
- Material type. This value should remain the same, as the Ultimaker firmware needs this to determine the right temperatures
- Color. Select the square color icon to change it. Loaded models with this material will be displayed in this color on the build plate
- Density. The weight of the filament per square centimeter
- Diameter. Ultimaker only supports 2,85mm filament
- Filament cost. Enter the cost of your filament spool
- Filament weight. Enter the weight of a single spool of filament
- Length and cost per meter. These are automatically calculated by Ultimaker Cura based on the previous settings
- Description. This field allows to add useful information like filament characteristics and build plate adhesion tips