The Ultimaker Marketplace lets you add extra functionality to Ultimaker Cura. This includes plugins such as the Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor or Siemens NX integration plugins which export files to Ultimaker Cura directly from your favourite CAD software. You can also find optimized material print profiles for third-party materials that are designed to work with Ultimaker 3D printers.
Access the Ultimaker Marketplace from the top menu bar in Ultimaker Cura, or visit our marketplace webpage.
Continue reading to learn more about plugins and materials.
Plugins add extra functionality to the software. The plugin browser is divided into two sections:
- Featured. Featured plugins work with leading software applications, for instance, the Solidworks or Siemens NX integration plugin
- Community Plugins. These are plugins that are developed by members of the community
Click on a plugin to learn more about it. Read the description, visit the website of the developer and view the plugins change log.
Third-party print profiles are configured and tested by material manufacturers, making it easier to use third-party materials on Ultimaker printers.
The material browser is divided into three sections:
- Featured. Find print profiles from Ultimaker's material alliances
- Community contributions. Find print profiles developed by members of the community
- Generic materials. These are the generic material profiles developed by Ultimaker and are installed by default. These can be used as a basis when developing a new profile
Click a material to find additional information, such as a short description, a link to data sheets, and the website of the manufacturer.
Installing plugins and materials
You can install plugins and material profiles:
- From within Ultimaker Cura
- From the online marketplace website
From within Ultimaker Cura
From Ultimaker Cura, simply open the marketplace using the Marketplace button in the top right of the user interface. The marketplace panel will be displayed, from where you can navigate the plugins and materials. Click on a plugin or material to learn more about it, and simply click Install to add it to Cura.
From the online marketplace
You can synchronise plugins and materials with your Ultimaker Account by visiting the marketplace website.
If you are signed in, click on Add to Cura to synchronise the plugin with your account. The next time you log into Ultimaker Cura, you will be prompted that there is a change detected. You will be prompted to synchronize your settings.
Tip: Synchronize your plugins with your Ultimaker Account to easily load your personal Ultimaker Cura configuration across devices.
Contributing to the Ultimaker Marketplace
Are you a developer? You can contribute plugins to the Ultimaker Marketplace using the Ultimaker Contributor Portal. If you want to share your material print profile, use