Ultimaker Cura is a lightweight application that runs on low-end systems. The amount of ram memory, CPU (Central processing unit) and GPU (Graphical Processor Unit) necessary heavily depends on the file size of the loaded 3D models.
Tip: We advise to run Ultimaker Cura on the latest operating system version to ensure it is supported. The experience of the software may differ depending on your machine.
Note: Currently, Ultimaker Cura is currently not fully compatible with the APPLE M1 chip. Please read this article for more information.
Minimum system requirements
- OpenGL 2 compatible graphics card, OpenGL 4.1 for 3D layer view
- Display resolution 1024 x 768
- Intel Core 2 or AMD Athlon 64
- 550 MB available hard disk space
- 4GB RAM memory
Recommended system requirements
- OpenGL 4.1 compatible graphics card for 3D layer view
- Display resolution 1920 x 1080
- Intel Core i3 or AMD Athlon 64
- 600 MB available hard disk space
- 8GB RAM memory
Note: Ultimaker Cura is 64-bit and therefore not available for the older 32-bit variant systems.