The Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle could not detect the pickup of the loaded material by the Ultimaker S5. As the material was being forwarded, the feeder of the Ultimaker S5 did not grasp the filament properly.
This could be due to:
- The feeder of the Ultimaker S5 is malfunctioning
- The decoupler of the Material Station is faulty
To resolve this error, please do the following:
Note: This troubleshooting guide starts by checking the Ultimaker S5 feeder.
- Ensure the Ultimaker S5 feeder lever is down in the locked position
- Ensure the Ultimaker S5 feeder spring tension is set correctly
- Ensure the Ultimaker S5 feeder is clean and maintained correctly according to the guidelines available
- Ensure the Bowden tubes running from the Material Station to the Ultimaker S5 are correctly and securely attached
- Check the state of the Bowden tubes. There may be internal damage or bend marks inside the Bowden tubes. This could lead to excessive friction on the filament or preventing correct loading. If that seems to be the case, please raise a support ticket for assistance
Note: Never disassemble the Bowden tubes at the decoupler end. Always disassemble the Bowden connected to the Ultimaker S5 feeder.
- Check if broken pieces of filament are present. If there is broken filament present, clean the Bowden tubes by disassembling and pushing filament through
- Power down the Ultimaker S5
- Restart the Material station by detaching and reattaching the power cable
- Power up the Ultimaker S5 and retry the operation
- Make a double cut to ensure the filament tip is straight and pointy
If the problem still persists, there may be a faulty decoupler. Please contact support by raising a support request above.