Note: This error message is no longer active. It was replaced by the material failed to load wizard in firmware 7.0. This updated process improves the troubleshooting experience. If you see ER56 on your Pro Bundle, please update the firmware to the most recent version.
ER56 is a material loading error on the Pro Bundle. The Ultimaker S5 feeder could not detect the pickup of the loaded material.
During the filament loading procedure, the filament is forwarded through the decouplers. The Pro Bundle then prepares the Ultimaker S5 feeder to pick up the material and continue the loading process. If the feeder cannot successfully grasp the filament, a timeout occurs and the ER56 error message is shown.
The most common reasons for this error are:
- Broken filament is stuck in the Ultimaker S5 feeder
- Material grind in the filament
- The feeder of the Ultimaker S5 is open or malfunctioning
- The decoupler of the Material Station is faulty
To resolve this error, please first check the Ultimaker S5 feeder:
- Ensure the Ultimaker S5 feeder lever is down in the locked position
- Ensure the Ultimaker S5 feeder spring tension is set correctly
- Ensure the Ultimaker S5 feeder is clean and maintained correctly according to the guidelines available
- Ensure the Bowden tubes running from the Material Station to the Ultimaker S5 are correctly and securely attached
- Check the state of the Bowden tubes. There may be internal damage or bend marks inside the Bowden tubes. This could lead to excessive friction on the filament and prevent correct loading. If that seems to be the case, reach out to your local reseller or contact support for a replacement.
Note: Never disassemble the Bowden tubes at the decoupler end. Always disassemble the Bowden connected to the Ultimaker S5 feeder.
- Check if broken pieces of filament are present. If there is broken filament present, clean the Bowden tubes by disassembling and pushing filament through
After performing the checks listed above, take the following actions:
- Switch off the Ultimaker S5
- Restart the Material Station by detaching and reattaching the power cable
- Power up the Ultimaker S5 and retry the operation
- Make a double cut to ensure the filament tip is straight and pointy
If the problem still persists, the decoupler or feeder could be defective.
If you require further support, please contact us by submitting a ticket.
Please ensure to include the error number (ERXX) and your printer's log files.