The Material Station prefeeder could not move the filament inside the system as expected. This error occurred during the startup procedure of the machine.
This could be due to:
- The decoupler is prevented from moving freely by external object
- The Bowden tubes are prevented from moving freely by external object
- The filament is stuck in the system
To troubleshoot, please do the following:
Caution: Ensure to never move the Ultimaker S5 and Material station or touch working parts while the machine is in operation. This includes the Bowden tubes and decouplers at the back of the machine.
Caution: Ensure the Material Station and Ultimaker S5 have at least 10cm space at the back of the machine. Clear all objects in this space to ensure all decouplers and Bowden tubes can move freely.
- Note the bay number and extruder number indicated by the display
- Power down the Ultimaker S5
- Detach the power cable from the Material Station
- Detach the Bowden tubes from the extruder where the problem is occurring
- Gently push and pull the filament at the entry point by hand
- While pushing and pulling, observe the back of the machine to verify material movement
Tip: Moving filament by hand should be possible and not require excessive force.
- Continue pushing until the filament sticks out a few centimeters out of the Bowden tube at the back
- Cut the currently loaded filament roll at the entry point of the material station
- Grab the end of the filament sticking out of the Bowden tube at the back and gently pull the remaining filament completely out of the system
- Reattach the Bowden tubes to the feeder
- Power up the Material Station, then the Ultimaker S5 and continue operation
If you require further support, please contact us by submitting a ticket.
Please ensure to include the error number (ERXX) and your printer's log files.