The Material Station could not react quickly enough to the Ultimaker S5 Material movements. This error occurred while the Ultimaker S5 was printing.
This could be due to:
- Accidental manual movement of the decoupler by moving the machine or touching the decoupler
- The decoupler is prevented from moving freely by external object
- The Bowden tubes are prevented from moving freely by external object
- Filament is stuck in the Bowden tube
To troubleshoot, please do the following:
Caution: Ensure to never move the Ultimaker S5 and Material station or touch working parts while the machine is in operation. This includes the Bowden tubes and decouplers at the back of the machine.
Caution: Ensure the Material Station and Ultimaker S5 have at least 10cm space at the back of the machine. Clear all objects in this space to ensure all decouplers and Bowden tubes can move freely.
- Note the bay number and extruder number indicated by the display
- Power down the Ultimaker S5
- Detach the power cable from the Material Station
- Detach the Bowden tubes from the extruder where the problem is occurring
- Gently push and pull the filament at the entry point by hand
- While pushing and pulling, observe the back of the machine to verify material movement
Tip: Moving filament by hand should be possible and not require excessive force.
- Continue pushing until the filament sticks out a few centimeters out of the Bowden tube at the back
- Cut the currently loaded filament roll at the entry point of the material station
- Grab the end of the filament sticking out of the Bowden tube at the back and gently pull the remaining filament completely out of the system
- Reattach the Bowden tubes to the feeder
- Power up the Material Station, then the Ultimaker S5 and continue operation
If the problem still persists, please contact support by raising a support request above.