Note: This error message is no longer active. It was replaced by the material failed to load wizard in firmware 7.0. This updated process improves the troubleshooting experience. If you see ER52 on your Pro Bundle, please update the firmware to the most recent version.
ER52 is a material loading error on the Pro Bundle. The Material Station has encountered an obstruction in the decoupler while loading the filament to the Ultimaker S5.
This could be due to:
- The tip of the filament is not straight and pointy
- The decoupler is obstructed or blocked
Danger: Never remove the side panels of the material station to investigate the internals. Follow the steps in this guide. When this does not succeed, please contact Ultimaker support.
Tip: The filament path of the Material Station could also be obstructed with filament. For step-by-step instructions (including photos) on how to remove the broken PVA from the system, read the troubleshooting guide on this page.
To resolve this error, please do the following:
- Switch off the Ultimaker S5
- Detach the power cable from the Material Station
- Gently pull back the filament towards the entry bay, until it is completely unloaded
- Cut off the tip of the filament using pliers
- Power up the Material Station, then the Ultimaker S5 and continue operation
If you require further support, please contact us by submitting a ticket.
Please ensure to include the error number (ERXX) and your printer's log files.