Periodically, a new version of the Ultimaker 3 firmware is released. To ensure that your Ultimaker 3 has the latest features, we recommend keeping the firmware updated. This can be performed on the Ultimaker S5 when connected to a network or via USB.
Tip: For the latest release notes, click here.
Update your Ultimaker 3 via USB
You can download the latest firmware here (version 5.2.16).
- Place the file on the USB stick in the root directory
- Insert the USB stick in the USB port of your printer
- Go to SYSTEM > Maintenance > Update firmware, and select the new firmware in the update menu
Updating from older firmware (4.3.3 and older)
When updating from an older firmware, the upgrade procedure must go via a stepping stone build, firmware 4.3.97:
- Download firmware 4.3.97 file 1 and file 2 (.tar.xz and .tar.xz.sig)
- Place both files on the USB stick in the root directory.
- Insert the USB stick into your printer's USB port.
- Go to SYSTEM > Maintenance > Update firmware and select 4.3.97 in the update menu.
- Wait for the Ultimaker 3 to finish updating the firmware.
The intermediate firmware is then installed and you may upgrade to latest stable.