When a print starts, the print head will home itself at the origin point in back-left corner of the printer. This origin point is defined by using two limit switches: one for the X direction and one for the Y direction. If one of these limit switches doesn’t activate, you will receive this error message.
To diagnose the cause of the error and how to resolve it, we recommend the checks described on this page.
- Loose pulley. Check if the print head is moving towards the back-left corner when homing. If it doesn’t reach the corner, it is likely that one of the pulleys is loose, causing shifts/skips to the movement of the print head. In this case, ensure all the pulleys (on the axles and X/Y motors) are tightened completely using a hex screwdriver
- Activate the switches. Check if the switches can be activated properly. Manually move the print head towards the back-left side of the printer. You should hear an audible click as each switch engages. If not, check if the switch levers are not bent and adjust if necessary
If both switches are physically pressed, there’s still a chance that there is an electrical cause for the problem, or one of the switches is not connected properly. In this case the following steps are advised:
- Place the print head in the front-right corner
- Go to Preferences > Maintenance > Print head > Home print head. The print head will now move to the home position in the back-left corner of the printer
- Press both limit switches manually before the print head reaches the corner and check if the print head stops moving (you can use your finger or a screwdriver to do this). Using this method, you can figure out which limit switch is causing problems
If the problem still persists, please contact support by raising a support request above.