The switch bay enables the second print core to be lifted and lowered. For successful dual-extrusion prints, it is important that print core switching functions well. The lift switch is already calibrated when the Ultimaker 3 is shipped, but calibration can also be performed manually if needed.
To perform switch bay calibration:
- Go to System - Maintenance - Calibration - Calibrate lift switch to start the process.
- With a finger, move the lift switch on the side of the print head to point towards you.
- Move the print head by hand so that the lift switch fits in the switching bay.
- Confirm to continue the process on the Ultimaker 3.
- Wait for the print head to go to the home position and test the lift switch.
- Carefully observe the print head. Did the lift switch lower and raise the print core? If so, press Yes to complete the calibration. If not, select No to perform the calibration again.
|Manually move the lift switch to the front||Place the print head in the switch bay|
Note: If the lift switch is properly activated, but you do not observe that the second print core is lifted and lowered, there could be a problem with the lift switch mechanism inside the print head. Contact support for further assistance.