The Ultimaker S5 comes in reusable, durable packaging, specially designed to protect your 3D printer.
Tip: We recommend removing the packaging with the box placed on the floor for safety. Please retain all packaging for warranty purposes.
Follow the steps below properly to unpack your Ultimaker S5:
- Remove the plastic locking clips from the lower section of the box
- Holding the handles, lift the upper section of the box to reveal the printer
- Lift the top foam section away from the printer, pulling the print head cable free
- Remove the cardboard insert with the materials from the top of the printer
- Place the printer on a flat surface
- Slide the center seal at the bottom of the glass doors to one side, and then remove all of the remaining seals
- Carefully open the glass doors and take out the accessory box and foam pieces from inside the printer
- Remove the plastic protection from the touchscreen
Caution: When placing the printer on a shelf or table, take proper measures to prevent the printer from falling.
Caution: If the printer needs to be transported without the outer box, be aware of the weight and dimensions of the printer. According to the UL 60950-1 definition, the printer is non-portable. Use proper transport means to do this safely in order to prevent tripping.
What's in the box
Besides the printer itself, a quick start guide, and test print, the Ultimaker S5 is supplied with several hardware accessories. Check if all these items are included before continuing.
- Glass build plate
- Spool holder with material guide
- Power cable
- Ethernet cable
- USB stick
- Print core AA 0.4
- Print core BB 0.4
- Nozzle cover (3x)
- Tough PLA (750 g)
- PVA (750 g)
- Glue stick
- Hex screwdriver 2 mm
- XY calibration sheet
- Calibration card
Tip: Another print core AA 0.4 is placed in print head slot 1 of the Ultimaker S5.