Limescale is a hard chalky deposit, which forms when hard water evaporates. For optimal performance of the PVA Removal Station, remove limescale deposits from the container once every three months.
For minor traces of limescale, take the following steps:
- Empty and clean the container first according to the maintenance instructions.
- Prepare a mixture of water and white vinegar in a 1:1 ratio.
- Soak a (paper) towel in the diluted vinegar.
- Gently wipe the affected areas of the container with the (paper) towel.
- If the limescale does not dissolve immediately, leave to dry and reapply the vinegar mixture several times.
For more severe cases of limescale buildup, take the following steps:
- Fill the container with a mixture of lukewarm water and white vinegar in a 3:1 ratio. Do not fill the container beyond the water level indicator.
- Place the container on the docking station.
- Power on the PVA Removal Station and set the rotor speed to Normal.
- Leave the PVA Removal Station to stir the mixture for 30 minutes (or up to 2 hours).
- Dispose of the water as described here.
For both approaches, thoroughly rinse the container afterward with clean water. Wipe the container with a clean, moist towel until all residue of limescale and vinegar has been removed.