In some cases, it may be necessary to uninstall the Air Manager, for example for transportation or maintenance reasons. Special tools are included in the box to remove the Air Manager from the Ultimaker S5.
Tip: It is recommended to uninstall the entire Air Manager, without removing individual modules.
- Turn off the Ultimaker S5 using the power switch at the back
- Disconnect the Air Manager cable from the Air Manager and from the UMB OUT port on the back of the Material Station
- Take the two removal tools and align them with the leaf springs in the mounting bracket
- Insert the removal tools behind the leaf springs
- Push upwards until you hear a click
- Gently lift the entire Air Manager off the Ultimaker S5
Disconnect the Air Manager cable
Insert the removal tools behind the leaf springs
Upon rebooting the Ultimaker S5, a popup will appear on the touchscreen informing that the Air Manager has been disconnected. Select Yes to confirm the removal of the Air Manager.
Caution: Do not disconnect the Air Manager cable from the UMB OUT port without removing the Air Manager from the Ultimaker S5. Printing while the Air Manager is installed but not connected can damage the printer.