If you have see this error, the Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle had a communication failure while changing or unloading filament. This has likely occurred either during an end of filament procedure or at the end of a print job.
In case of an ER72, you will have to perform some manual actions to restore the Pro Bundle. Restoring is not difficult but, unfortunately, it is not possible to preserve the print progress. Please perform the steps described in the tabs below:
If the error appears while the filament is still loaded into the print core, please try to manually remove it. To do this:
- Open the Air Manager (if present)
- Remove the clamp clip of the Bowden tube at the print head
- While pressing down the collet, pull the Bowden tube up to remove it from the print head
- Manually pull the filament out of the print head (it is recommended to use pliers to grip the filament)
- Cut off the end of the filament and ensure a nice, sharp tip
Now proceed to the next steps in the second tab.
Note: If it is not possible to remove the Bowden tube from the print head, you may need to heat up the print core first. Power cycle the machine and heat up the print core via the menu.
If the filament is not or no longer stuck inside the print core, you can retract the filament back into the Material Station. To do this:
- Lift up the feeder lever of the corresponding feeder
- Reboot the machine
During the startup procedure, the filament will rewind into the Material Station.
With the filament fully retracted, you can now prepare the Pro Bundle for the next print job:
- Lower the feeder lever
- Place the Bowden tube back into the print head
- Secure the Bowden Tube with the clamp clip
- If you have an Air Manager, close the cover
- Visually inspect the Pro Bundle and ensure there are no obstructions
You can now continue printing on the Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle.
If you require further support, please contact us by submitting a ticket.
Please ensure to include the error number (ERXX) and your printer's log files.