Whether you're a start-up or a global enterprise, Ultimaker software plans have you covered – with a solution to suit every organization's needs. Our platform supports the end-to-end workflow, from storing parts in a globally accessible library to printing them when and where they're needed. It's all needed to scale out 3D printing to its maximum potential – and make digital transformation happen.
In this article
- The subscriptions
- Ultimaker Personal
- Ultimaker Essentials
- Ultimaker Professional
- Ultimaker Excellence
Ultimaker now offers 4 types of software solution. Our free offering - Ultimaker Personal, and the following 3 paid subscriptions:
- Ultimaker Personal – This software plan is included with Ultimaker hardware and forms the basic Ultimaker platform access for individual users. Ultimaker Personal is the perfect software solution for the individual user who wants to explore basic 3D printing capabilities – with remote printing via Ultimaker Digital Factory and Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy e-learning courses.
- Ultimaker Essentials– This software plan is included with Ultimaker hardware and forms the basic Ultimaker platform access for professional organizations. Ultimaker Essentials gives you the tools you need to start 3D printing in your organization, while meeting IT requirements. With features including remote printer management, firmware firewalls, verified plugins, and direct support.
- Ultimaker Professional– This is a yearly subscription plan that provides users with the software tools needed to elevate your organization's 3D printing capabilities. Make collaboration and innovation happen with features including a Digital Library for part storage and sharing, CAD integration, and access to Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy e-learning courses.
- Ultimaker Excellence -This is a yearly subscription plan that offers the complete, tailored solution for a business' digital transformation. Whatever your business requirements, we've got you covered through an open platform with API access, federated single sign-on capabilities, and dedicated expert hours for specific roles – ensuring you get the support you need, when you need it
Individuals or home users will unlock the features of the Personal software plan by simply connecting an Ultimaker printer to the Ultimaker Digital Factory. This means that they either need to be the owner of the printer, and connect the printer to the Digital Factory themselves, or alternatively, it could be that someone has shared with you an Ultimaker Printer with your Ultimaker account.
Users on a Personal plan have access to the Digital Library with personal use features. The Digital Library will be limited to 5 private projects. Collaboration is possible, but limited.
Sharing printers and forming teams is possible with other Ultimaker Personal users. You cannot share and form teams with users that are on an organizational subscription (Essentials, Professional or Excellence).
Furthermore Ultimaker Personal users cannot make use of detailed reporting provided by the Ultimaker Digital Factory.
Organizations that want to use Ultimaker Essentials can register their organization and activate their Ultimaker Essentials plan via a link on the Ultimaker website. If you have purchased an Ultimaker printer after April 2021, this subscription plan is included with your printer.
You can activate your Essentials subscription by redeeming it from ultimaker.com/activate.
Ultimaker Professional equips customers with the full benefits of Ultimaker software – from full access to the digital library, to in-depth process reporting and all knowledge provided by the Ultimaker 3D Printing Academy.
Ultimaker Excellence is the most complete and custom solution – helping customers to speed up their digital transformation. Ultimaker Excellence provides all the same features as Ultimaker Professional but is enriched in three ways:
- Expert consultancy included in the plan (such as application, data and integration engineering support) allows customers to accelerate their digital transformation
- Customers gain full flexibility to integrate with custom enterprise policies – such as MES, ERP or Azure Active Directory
- Receive the fastest software support response time to gain complete confidence for business continuity