As of firmware 6.1.0, the S-line printers offer network provisioning via USB.
This introduces a new way to connect to a Wi-Fi network, and the option to assign static IP addresses. This page explains how to create a configuration file and import it to the printer from a USB drive.
Tip: You can download this template file and modify it with your settings.
The configuration file is a plain text file that must be named ultimaker_network.config. The file can be used for multiple services at once, both Wi-Fi and Ethernet. You can use any plain text editing program to configure the file.
- Create the configuration file and fill in the network details.
- Save the file as ultimaker_network.config file to the root folder of your USB drive.
- Insert the USB drive into your Ultimaker S3/S5.
- In the network menu, select "Setup network via USB". Click the import button.
- The network overview should display your configuration within 30 seconds. In case you are setting a static IP and it is not assigned yet, try to re-enable the connection manually.
Important: Make sure you are disconnected from Wi-Fi and internet when importing the settings.
Insert a USB drive containing the ultimaker_network.config file and "Setup network from USB".
The examples below show the configuration to connect to the Wi-Fi network "myWifiNetwork". The password is entered as "Passphrase". We will look at both the minimal requirements for Wi-Fi setup, and setting up static IP for Wi-Fi and Ethernet.
Setting up Wi-Fi, minimal requirements with DHCP
[service_wifi] Type = wifi Name = myWifiNetwork Passphrase = p&ssw3rd
Setting up Static IP
[service_wifi] Type = wifi Name = myWifiNetwork Passphrase = p&ssw3rd IPv4 = 192.168.1.42/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.255 IPv6 = off Nameservers = 188.8.131.52, 184.108.40.206 [service_ethernet] Type = ethernet IPv4 = 192.168.1.42/255.255.255.0/192.168.1.255 IPv6 = off Nameservers = 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168
For more details on the configuration file, please refer to the following article: