After unboxing, there are a few components that must be installed before the Ultimaker 2+ Connect is ready to print.
- Insert the spool holder into the back panel and push until it snaps into place
- Open the front build plate clamps to insert the glass plate
- Slide the glass plate into the rear build plate clamps, then close the front clamps
Tip: The warning icon (hot surface) on the glass plate should face upwards. This side of the glass provides the best adhesion.
- Connect the power cable to the printer with the flat side facing down and the other end to a power outlet
Note: If you also have an Air Manager, install this first before connecting the power cable
The end of the power cable has a flat side. On the Ultimaker 2+ Connect, the cable must be inserted with the flat side facing down. If you are already familiar with the similar-looking Ultimaker 2 or Ultimaker 2+, this is an important difference:
- On the Ultimaker 2+ Connect, the flat side faces down
- On the Ultimaker 2(+), the flat side faces up
|1. Insert the spool holder||2. Open the build plate clamps|
|3. Slide in the glass plate||4. Connect the power cable|
A mains socket with protective earth/ground terminal must be used. Make sure that the building installation has dedicated means of over-current and short-circuit protection. Please use a circuit breaker with a current rating not exceeding 16A.