When turning on your Ultimaker Original, you will always see the main screen first. The main screen shows various information, as shown in the image below.
- Nozzle temperature: shows the current temperature of the nozzle and target temperature
- X/Y/Z coordinates: indicates the current position of the print head and build plate
- FeedRate: this is the print speed based on the set print speed in Cura
- Elapsed time: shows for how long the Ultimaker Original has been printing on the current print.
- SD%: keeps track of the progress of the print
By pushing the button on the UltiController you will get into the main menu, which is divided in four submenus.
- Info screen: guides you back to the main screen
- Prepare: offers several options to prepare your Ultimaker Original by manually controlling certain settings
- Control: allows you to change machine settings of the Ultimaker Original
- Print from SD card: select a file to start a print
Once a print has started the menu on the UltiController will slightly change. Instead of the “Prepare” option you will now see a “Tune” option in the main menu. This allows you to change settings (e.g. temperature and speed) while printing, in order to have more control over the printing process.