When you add a printer to the Ultimaker Digital factory, that printer will become associated with your Ultimaker account. To add a printer first log into the Digital Factory with your Ultimaker account:
Note: You can only add Ultimaker printers to the Digital Factory. 3rd party printers are currently not supported.
- From the printers tab, select 'Add printers'
- Select your printer type from the popup menu
- You will be asked for a pin number (Ultimaker S3, S5), or for an IP address (Ultimaker 3)
- Input the pin number / IP and follow the steps
Tip: Printers running firmware 5.7.0 and newer can make use of a simplified cloud connection flow.
Note: The Ultimaker 3 cannot make use of the simplified, pin cloud connection process. The Ultimaker 3 utilizes an IP connection flow, which requires establish the first Cloud Connection from within the same local network. Click here read more about connecting your printer to the network and how to find out its IP Input the local IP address of your printer
- Your browser will redirect to the cloud connection page. If this is the first time you connect to your printer, please accept the data sharing agreement to proceed
- Your browser will ask for an access code, which is displayed on the printer. Input this access code to finalize the connection
- Done! You can now add your printer and send print jobs via Ultimaker Cura remotely