This product has been discontinued and the end of service has passed. The information on this page remains available, but is no longer supported.
Ultimaker grants a standard warranty on the Ultimaker 2 series product ("Product") in the country where the Product was purchased. The Ultimaker 2 series include the Ultimaker 2, the Ultimaker 2 Go, and the Ultimaker 2 Extended.
From the date the Product is sold and delivered to an end customer for the first time, as evidenced by the original customer’s purchase invoice, Ultimaker warrants the Product is free from defects in material, design, and workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months. Only the original purchaser is entitled to claim warranty and the warranty period is limited to their lifetime.
For a warranty claim to be valid (i) notification must be made before the end of the warranty period, (ii) conform to any additional stipulations of the warranty, as defined below, (iii) must be substantiated with the original customer’s purchase invoice, (iv) the serial number sticker must still be on the Product(s) and (v) the Product must be returned in the original packaging. Since customers will only be entitled to make a warranty claim on submitting the original invoice and packaging, we advise that both the invoice and official packaging are kept safe. If the original packaging is not available anymore, the customer can purchase replacement packaging from a recognized Ultimaker reseller.
The customer - provided that they are a natural person who is not acting in the course of their profession or business - may claim the rights to which they are entitled under warranty without prejudice to their rights or claims in accordance with the law.
The Ultimaker warranty is granted under the explicit condition that:
- The Product was sold, delivered, and assembled by a recognized Ultimaker Reseller (see ultimaker.com for addresses of the recognized Ultimaker Resellers)
- The Product was newly manufactured on the date of purchase and not sold as used, refurbished, or manufacturing seconds
- Ultimaker's latest software was installed and used in and with the Product
- The Ultimaker’s installation and maintenance instructions as described in the manual for the Product have been observed. Unless the manual contains ‘do-it-yourself’ assembly instructions for the Product or part thereof and these have been followed up meticulously, the warranty will become invalidated if the Product was at any time disassembled or reassembled by any other person than a recognized Ultimaker Reseller
Customers are welcome and we encourage them to use third-party materials, accessories, etc. That, in itself, does not void the warranty. If, however, the use of third-party elements causes damage to the Product, the part(s) affected by this damage is/are excluded from warranty.
If a part of the Product is repaired or replaced during the warranty period, the warranty period still remaining for the entire Product will apply to this part. However, repair and/or replacement will not extend the warranty period.
The Ultimaker Resellers deal with this warranty on behalf of Ultimaker. Therefore, any notification on the basis of this warranty must be made to the Ultimaker Reseller from whom the Product was originally purchased, even if this is not in the customer’s current country of residence.
Any warranty claim must first be recognized as justified, either by Ultimaker's Reseller or by Ultimaker. If so, the Reseller is obliged to rectify the defects free of charge according to this warranty. If the defect cannot be repaired, the Reseller will, within the warranty period, replace the Product free of charge with an identical product, or, if the Product is no longer manufactured, by a similar replacement of the same value, or offer an appropriate refund.
Depending on the country, the warranty may not automatically include costs incurred for shipping defective Products for scrutiny and/or repair, nor for the shipping costs of replacement or repaired Product(s) back to the claimant.
This warranty does not apply to and therefore does not cover:
- Consumables, such as the hot end and glass build plate
- Any defect or damage caused by inappropriate, incorrect, or improper use, installation, maintenance, operation, cleaning, or normal wear and tear. For correct use, reference is made to the manual of the Product
- Any other event, act, default, or omission outside Ultimakers' control
- Failure of the Product caused by an accident
In any event, Ultimaker is not liable for indirect or consequential damages, including but not limited to loss of use, loss of profit, or revenue. Furthermore, Ultimakers' liability is limited to the purchase value of the Product.
Applicable law and competent court
This warranty is exclusively governed by Dutch law. Any dispute arising out of or in connection with this warranty will be exclusively submitted to the jurisdiction of the court (rechtbank) of Midden-Nederland, location Utrecht.