After having installed the latest firmware some default checks will be done on the Ultimaker Original+. Cura will try to connect to the Ultimaker Original+ over USB, will heat up the nozzle a bit and the limit switches will be checked.
Before running the checks, make sure that the print head is placed in the middle of the Ultimaker Original+ and that there is some distance (minimal 3 cm) between the nozzle and build plate. If not, move them manually to the correct position.
The first step of setting up your Ultimaker Original+ is making sure that the latest firmware is installed. Therefore, please take the following steps.
- Connect your Ultimaker Original+ with the USB cable to your computer
- Also attach the power supply and turn the Ultimaker Original+ on
- Select “Upgrade to Marlin firmware” and Cura will automatically install the latest firmware
For checking the limit switches, it is advised to follow the steps described below.
- When Cura asks you to check to press the left X endstop, gently move the print head towards the front left corner until you hear a click and Cura give you a next command. This means that the limit switch is working correctly
- Repeat the previous step for the front Y endstop
- At last, you will be asked to press the top Z endstop. Therefore you can either rotate the Z leadscrew so that the build plate moves up and down and touches the switch, or you can press the switches with your finger or a screwdriver
Note: If the print head can’t touch a limit switch it is recommended to loosen it and move it further towards the center of the Ultimaker Original+.