Before the Ultimaker Original+ can be turned on for the first time it's very important to adjust the position of the upper Z limit switch. This is done to make sure that the build plate calibration later on is done correctly.
- Place the print head in the center of the machine
- Slightly loosen the bolts of the upper Z limit switch, so that you can move it up and down
- Raise the Z stage (manually) until there is approximately 1 mm distance between the build plate and nozzle
- Adjust the position of the Z limit switch until it's being pressed by the wooden Z stage cap; you should hear a clicking sound
- Firmly attach the Z limit switch to the frame by tightening the two bolts
- Move the Z stage slightly down and up again to check if the Z limit switch is pressed when the distance between the nozzle and build plate is 1 mm