This article guides you through all the steps necessary to correctly install the hardware accessories that come with the machine. A few items should be installed before powering on the printer for the first time.
- Take the spool holder from the accessory box.
- Insert the top part into the hole in the back panel of the Ultimaker 2+.
- Push the spool holder until it snaps into place.
The glass plate is the print surface of your Ultimaker 2+ or Ultimaker 2 Extended+. Unpack the glass plate. It must be installed with the warning icon facing upwards and at the front of the printer.
- Open the two build plate clamps at the front of the build plate.
- Gently slide the glass plate onto the build plate until it fits into the clamps at the back.
- Close the clamps at the front to secure the glass plate.
Caution: Leaving the build plate clamps open may damage your Ultimaker 3 when the build plate is raised.
The final step of the installation is connecting the power supply. First, make sure that the switch at the back of the Ultimaker 2+ is in the Off position.
- Connect your country-specific power cable to the adapter.
- Connect the plug to a wall socket.
- Connect the other side of the cable to the socket at the back of the Ultimaker 2+. Make sure that the flat side of the cable is facing up. Pull back the slider of the connector, insert it into the printer, and let go to secure the cable.
Caution: A mains socket with protective earth/ground terminal must be used. Make sure that the building installation has dedicated means of over-current and short-circuit protection.
All the hardware accessories are now installed. You can turn the Ultimaker 2+ or Ultimaker 2 Extended+ on for the first time and proceed with the welcome setup. This includes loading materials and leveling the build plate.