The switch bay enables the second print core to be lifted and lowered. For successful dual-extrusion prints, it is important that print core switching functions well. The lift switch is already calibrated when the Ultimaker S5 is shipped, but calibration can also be performed manually if needed.
To perform the switch bay calibration:
- Go to Preferences > Maintenance > Print head > Calibrate lift switch and select Start calibration
- Move the lift switch on the side of the print head to point towards you. Confirm to continue
- Move the print head so that the lift switch fits in the switching bay. Confirm when completed
- Wait for the print head to go to the home position and test the lift switch
- Did the lift switch lower and raise the print core? If so, press Yes to complete the calibration. If not, select No to perform the calibration again