The switch bay enables the second print core to be lifted and lowered. For successful dual-extrusion prints, it is important that print core switching functions well. The lift switch is already calibrated when the Ultimaker 3 is shipped, but calibration can also be performed manually if needed.
To perform switch bay calibration:
Go to System > Maintenance > Calibration > Calibrate lift switch.
- With a finger, move the lift switch on the side of the print head to point towards you (image 1)
- Move the print head by hand so that the lift switch fits in the switching bay (image 2)
- Continue the process on the Ultimaker 3, click continue
- Wait for the print head to go to the home position and test the lift switch
- Did the lift switch lower and raise the print core? If so, press “yes” to complete the calibration. If not, select “no” to perform the calibration again